The Teacher Classroom Management is designed to make positive, evidence-based educational methods available to teaching professionals. The method is aimed at early education staff, preschool and primary school teachers, SEN teachers and other professionals working with children.
Teacher Classroom Management method forms part of the wider Incredible Years package, designed to prevent and treat behavioural problems and behavioural disorders in children aged between 3 and 12.
Please note that this a summary of the full evaluation, which is currently only available in Finnish.
- Baker-Henningham, H., Walker, S., Powell, C., & Gardner, J. M. (2009). A pilot study of the Incredible Years teacher training programme and a curriculum unit on social and emotional skills in community pre-schools in Jamaica. Child: Care, Health & Development 35, 624–631 Linkki viitteeseen
- Baker-Hemmingham, H., Scott, S., Jones, K. & Walker, S. (2012). Reducing child conduct problems and promoting social skills in a middle-income country: cluster randomized controlled trial. British Journal of Psychiatry, 201, 101-108. Linkki viitteeseen
- Ford, T., Edwards, V., Sharkey, S., Ukoumunne, O.C., Byford, S., Norwich, B. & Logan, S. (2012). Supporting teachers and children in schools: the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of the Incredible Years teacher classroom management programme in primary school children: a cluster randomized controlled trial, with parallel economic and process evaluations. BMC Public Health 12, 719. Linkki viitteeseen
- Hutchings, J., Martin-Forbes, P., Daley, D. & Williams, M.E. (2013). A randomized controlled trial of the impact of a teacher classroom management program on the classroom behavior of children with and without behavior problems. Journal of School Psychology 51, 571-85. Linkki viitteeseen
- McGilloway, S., Hyland, L., Ní Mháille, G., Lodge, A., O’Neil,l D., Kelly, P., Leckey, Y., Bywater, T., Comiskey, C. & Donnelly M. (2010). Positive classrooms, positive children. A randomised controlled trial to investigate the effectiveness of the Incredible Years Teacher Classroom Management programme in an Irish context (short-term outcomes) A Summary Report prepared for Archways. Linkki viitteeseen
- Raver, C., Jones, S., Li-Grining, C., Metzger, M., Champion, K. & Sardin, L. (2008). Improving classroom processes: preliminary findings from a randomized trial in Head Start settings. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 63, 10-26. Linkki viitteeseen
- Santonen, J. (2013). Ihmeelliset vuodet: TCM-menetelmä esi- ja perusopetuksessa. Metropolia ammattikorkeakoulu. Linkki viitteeseen
- Seppänen, T. (2012). Ihmeelliset vuodet koulussa 2010-2012. Loppuraportti. Omaiset mielenterveystyön tukena ry. Linkki viitteeseen
- Webster-Stratton, C., Reid, M. J., & Hammond, M. (2001). Preventing conduct problems, promoting social competence: A parent and teacher training partnership in Head Start. Journal of Clinical Child Psychology 30, 283–302. Linkki viitteeseen
- Webster-Stratton, C., Reid, J. & Stoolmiller, M. (2011). Preventing conduct problems and improving school readiness: Evaluation of the Incredible Years Teacher and Child Training Programs in high-risk schools. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry 26, 189-201. Linkki viitteeseen